Monday, May 18, 2009

Dream Messages

I have spent the better part of today dealing with a dream I had the night before. In my dream, I began to speak but my mouth felt funny. Looking in the mirror, my mouth looked strange as if it were painted by Salvadore Dali. Without a good visual, I began to feel around. Three teeth painlessly,fell out into my hand. They were all connected, no roots and there was a piece of silver sticking out. Uggh.

With that, I was up and questioning. What does it mean to dream about loosing ones teeth? One interpretation stated that a lost tooth for tells of a death. I couldn’t begin to consider three people I know dying. The next suggested I would be receiving money from the tooth fairy. Nice thought, but no. Lastly, it was bound to be that I truly need dental attention. Maybe so.

I brushed and flossed for quite a while. A voice in my head said,”Bone of my bone.” The phone rang and I forgot all about the tooth mystery for a while. Though I did wonder why the teeth in my dream had silver in them. I had the silver removed from my teeth many years ago.

After school, my son mentioned that he had some pain in his mouth. I smiled and asked if the pain was up top on the right side. He smiled, relieved at not having to explain.

Our little mini drama made me think. How many helpful little messages have I been missing out on by saying,”Oh, it’s just a dream.”

And you would think I would know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment