Monday, May 18, 2009

Spiritual Request

When Spirits speak to me through dreams and visions, they always have a message. When Thomas, a Catholic Bishop, spoke to me, he had a request. Thomas asked me to write his story for him when I was not quite eight years old, promising to return when I was all grown up.

True to his word, Thomas returned last October. Thirty years had passed. In that time, I had learned to question all religious dogma I had ingested as a child. I questioned my place in this world as a psychic, as a woman and mother. It had taken me thirty years to grow up and rededicate myself to my own true voice. Knowing my belief system does not always follow that of the Church, I doubted that I could truly be of service to Thomas.

Surprisingly, Thomas’ story is a shared one. It is the story of his most beloved friend and their love of their city. Together, the Bishop and the Boxer have been speaking to me in spirit. Each man has been sharing with me their memories like postcards from the past. For me, it is a pleasure to be a part of their story telling sessions.For them, I believe it is a relief to be able to give their lives more meaning. For all, it is a gift to receive. This path from the past is meant to help us all find our way into a safer future.

Their story takes place in a time that mirrors our own. The stock market has crashed. Unemployment is high. Crime is even higher. People are lost in debt and desperation. Our Nation’s big cities are crumbling from within. Trust has been lost and the hope of future generations is in the balance.

Together, the Bishop and the Boxer teem up to heal their broken city. In the process, they form a friendship that ends up rebuilding the whole Western half of Massachusetts. Will their secret destroy all they hold dear?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment